By Hindustan Times
New Delhi, Nov. 3 -- "Shocking" is how Bollywood production house Yash Raj Films has described actor-producer Ajay Devgn's allegation that they indulged in "malpractice" to put pressure on the exhibitors, especially single screen theatre owners, to screen YRF's SRK-starrer Jab Tak Hai Jaan (JTHJ) and not Devgn's Son of Sardar (SOS) that releases the same day.
In a strongly worded statement, YRF says that the news of a "legal notice" by Devgn through the Competition Commission of India (CCI)is not true. "We would like to clarify that we still haven't received any notice from the Commission," says their statement, adding that Devgn has so far only sent a complaint letter to CCI.
It adds, "Worldwide, as well as in India, distributors often sign deals for their complete annual slate of films to simplify the process. We trust the Competition Commission will also see it as universally acceptable fair business practise."