By Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Hungama News Network
- The entourage reached New York over the weekend gone by. And the highlight this time around was the personal touch which each of the stars brought around in their performances. Whether it was Big B or Abhishek or Ash or all the others traveling in the 'Unforgettable Tour', it was the 'special something' coming out of the interpersonal relationship between all which made the night in New York the one to remember.
- An example of the personal touch over the evening was Amitabh Bachchan's 'Khush To Bahaut Hoge Tum' [Deewar] dialogue delivery. On any other evening so far, it was just another dialogue from a film, albeit an immensely famous one which has been regaling the audience for three decades now. However, this time around it was special since the evening was quite close to Big B's mother's anniversary. There was a personal touch involved as it was hard to find an eye which wasn't moist once Bachchan's speech reached its crescendo with 'Mujhe Meri Maa Wapas De Do'!
- It was time for some more 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' kind of moments for the entire Bachchan 'parivaar' as for the first time in the history of all the concerts that Big B has been a part of, the number 'Teri Bindiya Re' [Abhimaan] was played. The way the entire sequence of events took place was also extra special since Ash escorted Amitabh Bachchan on stage while Abhishek did the same for Jaya Bachchan. Once together, Ash and Abhi handed over the hands of Amitabh and Jaya to each other while the song played in the background. A complete family affair!
- Frankly, New York crowd wasn't really easy to win from the very beginning. The response was good but not magical, as had been the case with the shows preceding it. Bachchans and group decided that they had to make it something special, something magical which would get some high energy into the proceedings. Vowing to give audience much more than what they could have bargained for, the stars promised each other to go all out and make it happen.
- This was inspiring enough for the youngsters as they brought in a certain momentum to their performances which literally forced the audience to get on their feet. In fact there was a stage when Vishal didn't quite worry about the security guidelines and jumped right into the crowd to get that 'personal touch'. With one of the composers of Om Shanti Om, Tashan and Bachna Ae Haseeno amongst them (Shekhar entertained the crowds while relegating himself to the boundary line set by the barricades), it was quite natural for the crowds to get ballistic.
- Meanwhile, Shekhar's young daughter (named Bipasha) too made her stage debut as she joined Big B while the number 'Rang Barse' was on. It was a sweet moment as the cute little kid tried matching steps with a legend 60 years elder to her. This is the reason why, in future, when she would be reading through the chapters of history, this would certainly be one 'unforgettable' golden moment of her life.
- The number 'Salaam Namaste' which Vishal and Shekhar have been performing on stage turned out to be special as well since everyone from Abhi to Ash joined Preity and Ritiesh as the song played on. The stage was nothing less than a party on the beach (just like the situation from the film by Siddharth Anand who has just delivered Bachna Ae Haseeno) with the song managing to truly liven up the audience.
- There were some impromptu performances happening on stage as well and one of them was rendition of a rap track which is almost like an anthem for the New York crowds. Widely being famous as the New York theme rap, the track had Abhishek along with Vishal and Shekhar bringing on the thump. This took place soon after they were through with their trademark Gujarati folk track which is a part of the performance throughout the tour. This was THE moment since the locals were more than charmed with what they were a part of and from this moment on, there was no looking back with each heart truly been won!
- Much more than satisfied with the way the evening went by, the stars now head for London where they would be performing after a break of more than one week. With the show being touted as the biggest ever on this tour, especially due to wide-scale Indian population making it a sell-out event, it is going to be one rocking weekend to be watched out for.