By Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Hungama News Network
This weekend on 'Sajid Superstars', it is Shahid Kapoor's turn to get candid as he talks about his personal as well as professional life. While he shares little known facts about his early days in the world of glitz and glamour, he also reasons that there has to be a line drawn between personal and professional life.
- One of the early incidents that Shahid narrates on the show is set in the time when he was working with Shiamak Davar's dance troupe. Shah Rukh Khan once dropped in at a show and on seeing Shahid, he immediately questioned Shiamak if he didn't feed his troupe members well. Reason behind the question? Shahid was quite thin and lanky in his early days and was nowhere close to as well built as he is today. Coming back to the comment, Shahid took it quite personally and started working hard on his body.
- Shahid also talks about how he lacked confidence in his teenage years due to his physique. His confidence did get a boost though when his first music video was out. Ever famous 'Aankhon Mein Tera Hi Chehra' featured him along with his then girlfriend Hrishita Bhatt and gained quite some popularity for itself. One day he saw some girls talking about the video and exclaiming 'Oh so cute'. He obviously thought that the compliments were for him but on close hearing, he realized that they were talking about the dog in the video!
- Another fact from the past which is revealed is about his dance performance alongside Aishwarya Rai years back. It is not known to all but the fact is that in the movie Taal, he was one of the background dancers from Shiamak Davar's troupe for the number 'Kahin Aag Lage Lag Jaaye'!
- Apparently. there was no love lost between Fardeen Khan and Shahid Kapoor during the shooting of Fida (which incidentally also starred Kareena Kapoor), Sajid Khan questions him on what had gone wrong.
- There are light moments in the show as well as the Sania Mirza reference comes in, though in a subtle manner. As Shahid disclosed that Tennis is his favorite sport with Federer and Martina Navratilova being his favorite tennis players, Sajid cheekily asked him if there was some 'young Indian female tennis player' who was his favorite!
- Shahid mentioned though that a line had to be drawn between one's personal life and professional life and maintained that one had to do a balancing act to get things moving.
- In one of the most popular sections of 'Sajid Superstars', Shahid's best and worst scenes from chosen from Jab We Met and Vaah Life Ho To Aisi respectively. Any guesses around these scenes?
- He was politically correct when asked to choose the better dancer between him and Hrithik Roshan. Though he managed to dodge the query and come out unscathed, there is some fun in store as Sajid's own performance on the number 'Tamma Tamma Loge' [Thandedaar] in a college function would be showcased for the first time on television.
- About his personal life, Shahid admitted that he was a vegetarian by choice. He also confessed that he is actually quite a boring person. He was also asked that if he was not successful as an actor, would he have been an architect or a doctor? Any guesses around what would Shahid' have opted for?
- Last but not the least; an interesting trivia was unearthed on the show. While Shahid has worked with Sanjay Dutt in Vaah Life Ho To Aisi, his mother too has acted with Sanju baba a few years back!
Keep jogging your memory cells as 'Sajid Superstars' brings an answer to this and a lot more at 8:00 PM, Saturday on the newly launched channel COLORS!