By Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Hungama News Network
- Ever since the performance at San Francisco, the team of 'Unforgettable' has been in a chill-out mode. Madhuri Dixit returned to Denver, Abhishek and Aishwarya flew back to India for a short while, Big B decided to spend some time in New York, Preity Zinta stayed on in SF itself with her niece, Vishal Dadlani decided to make an early visit to Houston...
- Meanwhile good reviews continue to keep the show's momentum on. Last, one heard that the show all the way in London is seeing great booking as well. However, the sad part is Vancouver trip being canceled. Apparently, the stars were more than willing to perform but the promoter made it impossible for everyone involved. General sentiment for the team was to go ahead with the show and make it happen for the fans. However, the promoter messed up on the arrangements and the team decided that rather than work with someone who didn't know his job, they rather make way out of it!
- However, in spite of 'thoda gham' here, there is a lot of 'khushi' for the international recognition that the stars are getting. A few days back, each of the stars from the show was handed over a commendation from none other than the Attorney General of California for their contribution to culture togetherness. Quite a matter of pride for them since the recognition came from the member of a foreign government.
- Being a small family that makes Bollywood, people continue to keep meeting at some juncture or another. Karan Johar was there in town for his work on his next directorial venture My Name Is Khan and happened to show the teasers of Dostana to the privileged lot. The vibes are great and it appears that Karan along with his writer Shibani Bathija (who was accompanying Karan and has earlier written his Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna as also Kunal Kohli's Fanaa) indeed have a rocking rom-com waiting to be grabbed!
- While watching the promo of Dostana, came across as a pleasant surprise for Vishal, it was sad for him to have missed visiting a 'Jazz' event. Certain unforeseen circumstances required him to skip it though he is sure that in days to come, he would check out at least four different concerts once the Houston show is through!
- Talking about Dostana, there was quite some 'dostana' demonstrated by an enthusiastic fan in the recent concert. Waving from the crowd, he seemed to be in love with stars. This is why when Abhishek hit the stage, he shouted at the top of his voice - 'I Love You Abhishek'. Respecting his loving gesture, Abhishek too shouted by - 'I Love you too'. This is when the fan screamed back, 'I Love your Dad as well' to which Abhishek replied, 'But I Love my Dad more than you love him.' Well, the story didn't end here. The moment Aishwarya came to perform, the same man made his presence felt, this time claiming to be in love with the entire Bachchan family including Ash! Ash did acknowledge him and thanked him for his love and affection! No wonder, it turned out to be some evening for the guy!
- Members of 'Unforgettable' had a pleasant experience while on the sets of Kambakth Ishq a few days. In spite of the film boasting of primarily an international crew, the songs being played on location were those from Bachna Ae Haseeno. In fact, a crew member (named Willoughby) got so excited by hearing the film's title track that he decided to get a tattoo on him with plain and simple words 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' being pierced upon! Yes, he has been quite serious ever since he was informed that the words stood for 'Watch Out O Beautiful Ones'.
- As the mini-vacation period comes to a close with the next concert being planned for the evening of Saturday, August 2, stars have started to gather once again. Abhishek and Aishwarya would be back in the evening, Amitabh Bachchan and Madhuri Dixit are back, Vishal is already in the town while others too are expected to be there before the day comes to a close. From here on, it would be time for some quick reconvening before the BIG night arrives!
- To make this BIG night further more exciting than any of the four concerts held earlier, Vishal and Shekhar are planning to spice up the proceedings further. While all this while they have been enthralling the audiences with songs from Om Shanti Om, Bachna Ae Haseeno, Bluffmaster and Tashan, they may add or get some replacement running with tracks from Salaam Namastey, Jhankaar Beats and even Waise Bhi Hota Hai - Part II ('Allah Ke Bande'). Now it has to be seen how the magic of a Deewangee or a Dil Dance Maare is further enhanced in Houston!