By Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Hungama News Network
- The BIG evening arrived. The evening of 26th July. The evening when Madhuri announced loud and clear, yet again, that she is THE lady when it comes to making hearts 'dhak dhak' go all over again. Worldwide. And she did that in style. Making her debut in 'Unforgettable' at Los Angeles, she made a grand entry where she arrived with a horde of dancers who graciously made way for her to take center stage. What followed from there on was sheer magic!
- It was just the sound of 'Ku Ku Ku' (from the famous 'Choli Ke Peeche' composition by Lakshmikant Pyarelal) which was good enough to send the crowds in ruptures. No, Madhuri didn't perform on this number but the one which kick started the event was 'Ek Do Teen', yet another LP composition from 'Tezaab'. With a phenomenal crowd backing behind her, she went on to do many more tracks including A.R. Rahman's 'Kay Sera Sera' (Pukar).
- However, the highlight of the evening was her pairing with Aishwarya Rai for the number 'Dola Re Dola'. Ismail Darbar's magic spellbinded a 20000 odd crowd yet again as Madhuri and Ash matched steps in perfect rhythm all over again. LA was enthralled but there was a lot more in the offering!
- Buzz is that 20000 patrons out there at the venue were actually occupying a space which was meant for 12000 people. No wonder, there were people all over including aisles. Production values at LA, rightly considered to be the 'Mecca of global entertainment', were huge and as per insiders, they were even better than what the stars had witnessed in the opening show at Toronto!
- With great sound to match, the props and lighting were great too. LCD curtains, backstage LCD screens, gizmos - all of them contributed to the LA concert matching standards as witnessed in international shows. As someone rightly pointed out backstage, it seemed as if nothing lesser than Madonna was performing LIVE!
- Talking about international standards and Madonna, audience didn't care less since they had Amitabh Bachchan amidst themselves. Though everyone from Riteish Deshmukh to Madhuri Dixit had their golden moments while audience too having all the right reasons to rejoice, the atmosphere was altogether different with Big B taking center stage. He sung his famous numbers from the 70s and 80s all over again but the moment of the event was him reprising his unforgettable trademark dance steps for the number 'Jahan Teri Yeh Nazar Hai' [Kaalia]!
- Big B taking center stage comes with a story by itself. As everyone is aware by now, he has been indisposed for last so many days. He wasn't in his best spirits till moments before his act and was wrapped in muffler and shawl. However, the moment he got into his costume and arrived in front of a roaring crowd, it was a different Amitabh Bachchan altogether. Not showing any signs of discomfort, he gave the appreciative 'junta' it's paisa vasool moments!
q - Meanwhile the 'bachcha brigade' has been in it's elements as well. Riteish is enjoying all the attention he is getting while kick starting the events and the LA concert was no different. Getting madder with every passing day, he is now used to the thunderous response his acts have been getting him. Even though the songs and the dances remain to be the same from one show to another, it is the imp