By Subhash K. Jha Bollywood Hungama News Network
Last week, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol joined Karan Johar in San Francisco for nearly two months of non-stop shooting for My Name Is Khan. It is the longest-ever shooting stint away from home for Kajol and especially tough on her husband who is unlikely to visit her in the US during the long shooting.
Says a source, "Ajay is not the kind of guy who can hang around his partner's sets. If it was another unit, perhaps Ajay would've considered visiting his wife, but not Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan. Though outwardly, Ajay is normal with them, there's actually no love lost between him and the Khan-Johar team. He would never be seen anywhere near their shooting even if it means being away from his wife and daughter for months."
Staying away from his daughter for almost two months is especially hard on Ajay. Considering the long absence from Mumbai, earlier this week Kajol flew down with her daughter to join her husband in Goa where he's shooting. She flies to San Francisco with Shah Rukh on Thursday, for one of the toughest shooting schedules ever.
Says a source, "With the swine flu fear in the west, Karan Johar is more tensed about this schedule in the US than ever before. In fact, fearing a fan invasion, Karan didn't want it to be known that he was shooting in San Francisco. Also, the sensitive theme (post-terrorism Islamic threat) automatically makes the project suspicion in the minds of the American authorities. Karan wants to avoid all the hassles he went through in his last American schedule when some members of his cast were denied visas, then he was denied permission to shoot in religiously sensitive places in America and finally Karan was pulled up for default of payments. Karan wants to keep it completely low profile."
However, with Kajol and Shah Rukh around, can any shooting be low profile?