KJo and Farah discuss SRK on 'Sajid's Superstars'
By Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Hungama News Network
What happens when two filmmakers who have shared an entire overseas and Indian market between themselves come together on 'Sajid's Superstars'? Well, it is time for some 'masti', 'maza', 'dhoom' and lots of humor, all on the same platform, as Karan Johar and Farah Khan get chatting with Sajid Khan.
Going by the tradition, we at Bollywood Hungama bring to you some Exclusive tidbits on what to expect from this weekend's episode.
- When it comes to Karan Johar and Farah Khan, it is inevitable to leave Shah Rukh Khan out of the discussion. Both have always made movies with Shah Rukh Khan, their respective projects (My Name Is Khan, Happy New Year) which would soon go on floors are with King Khan as well while it is quite obvious that their future projects would feature him too. No wonder, Sajid goes ahead and quizzes both Karan and Farah on how well they both know their favorite actor and thick friend! And by the way, Farah goes on to win the quiz!
- In fact, apart from Shah Rukh Khan, Karan and Farah are also quizzed about each other. An interesting segment revolving around 'how well do you know each other', this one has resulted in some lighthearted banter as well.
- Both Karan and Farah have worked with a prominent film personality and then disassociated with them in recent times. While Nikhil Advani assisted Karan in his films before being given a chance to direct Kal Ho Na Ho, Anu Malik gave a chartbuster musical score for Main Hoon Naa. However, Karan and Nikhil split soon after while Farah looked at A.R. Rahman before finalizing Vishal-Shekhar for Om Shanti Om. What led to thick friends like Karan and Nikhil becoming bitter enemies? Why didn't Farah have Anu Malik as her first choice for Om Shanti Om? KJo and Farah explain!
- Apparently Karan wasn't too fond of Om Shanti Om while for Farah Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna didn't really work! On being asked if this was the truth, both film makers, in their uncharacteristic humor, went on to oath on each other (in light humor of course) that they did actually love each other's cinema!
- The favorite section of 'Sajid's Superstars', the one on the worst scenes in the careers of the celebrity on the show, brings with it quite some fun in the Karan-Farah episode. Though it is expected that Sajid would grill them on their worst directed scenes, it is not quite the case as the prankster instead chooses to showcase their worst 'acted' scenes. So be prepared to see how Karan goofed it up in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge while Farah wasn't quite her best in her Om Shanti Om cameo.
- Talking about the acting careers of India's two most successful directors, there are also some little known facts revealed. Not many know that before facing the camera for Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge, Karan Johar had also applied greasepaint as an actor for television on DD Metro years back. Watch the episode to know more about this piece of history!
- Finally, when it comes to Sajid (especially with sibling Farah around), it is imperative that comparisons between the two filmmakers are made. This is why Arbaaz Khan goes on to put Karan in a tricky situation. He asks him - 'Who in his opinion is a better director - Farah or Sajid?'
What was Karan's reply? Well, tune in to Sajid's Superstars at 8:00 PM (note the revised timings), Saturday on the newly launched channel Colors to find about this and a lot more!