Few characters in American television left more of a mark that Mr Spock from Star Trek, but actor Leonard Nimoy himself had many remarkable thoughts to share as well.
Here is a selection of Nimoy's best quotes, from both his Star Trek character and his own rich and varied life, following his death Friday at the age of 83.
1. "Without followers, evil cannot spread." (Spock)
2. "My folks came to the US as immigrants, aliens, and became citizens. I was born in Boston, a citizen, went to Hollywood and became an alien." (Nimoy)
3. "Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them." (Spock)
4. "Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end."(Nimoy)
5. "I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question." (Spock)
6. "Spock is definitely one of my best friends. When I put on those ears, it's not like just another day. When I become Spock, that day becomes something special." (Nimoy)
7. "Change is the essential process of all existence." (Spock)
8. "I have been, and always shall be, your friend." (Spock, to Captain Kirk)
9. "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." (Nimoy, in his last Twitter post)
10. "Live long and prosper." (Spock)