Vivek Oberoi
No. of Profile Views 62,594

Vivek Oberoi: 'Let bygones be bygones'

Vivek Oberoi

By HT

New Delhi, May 17 -- Actor Vivek Oberoi, who had a spat with director Sanjay Gupta in 2012, and also backed out of Gupta's Shootout At Wadala (SAW; 2013), is set to work him again. Vivek and Sanjay buried the hatchet when they hugged at a wedding last year. Since then, both of them have been meeting up regularly.    

When asked about the rift, Gupta says, "We've known each other for many years. It's time to let bygones be bygones. Life is short, so there's no point holding on to an old issue. My wife Anu, my kids and I went for his (Vivek) son's first birthday party. It was an intimate affair."    

On the other hand, Vivek also insists that they are "old friends". He says, "At that time, too (when they were not on good terms), I never said anything against him because I have a lot of love and respect for him. He has been large-hearted enough to forget the past and offer me a fantastic role."    

The filmmaker feels that "whatever happened at that time wasn't right" even as Vivek adds that "everything is in the past now". Gupta even has words of praise for his leading man, who is playing a policeman, reportedly inspired by slain encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar. "You can't deny that he is a fantastic actor. Offering him a gangster's role again (after SAW) wouldn't have made sense. And (for the role of a cop) there was an instant go-ahead from him," says Gupta.