With her latest film,Tanu Weds Manu Returns set for theatrical release in May, Kangana Ranaut has clearly come a long way in these nine years of her career in Bollywood.
As, the ‘Queen’ celebrates her 28th birthday today, we bring before you the five things that you should know about the National Award winner Himachali lass.
1. Kangana wasn’t the first choice for her debut movie, 2006 release Gangster as the director felt she was too young to play the role. Instead, Chitraganada Singh was chosen for the character .However, things didn’t work out with Chitraganada and the role finally went to Kangana.
2. Kangana left her home to pursue her dream of becoming an actor at the age of 16. She joined Delhi-based Theater group Asmita under Arvind Gaur.
3. The Once Upon Time in Mumbai actress has not restricted herself to acting only. She went to New York to study scriptwriting.
4. The 28-year-old actress has already won one National Award for her supporting role in Fashion and two Filmfare awards, including the best actress, best debut awards’.
5. The actor has even tried her hand at Telugu (Ek Niranjan, 2009 ) and Tamil (Dhaam Dhoom, 2008) movies.